Estate Planning is the process by which an individual or family arranges the transfer and distribution of assets in anticipation of death or incapacitation. The estate consist or more than just real property, it also includes things attached to it as well as all personal property, cash, stock, bonds, and any business interests. Therefore it is vital to address any financial, tax, medical and business matters in your estate should you pass unexpectedly or become incapacitated.
The Law Offices of Gino Paolo A. Pedraja will make this process easier by helping you create a well thought-of estate plan that clearly express your thoughts and wishes for the estate. In addition, we also help clients design an estate plan that will minimize the costs and effects of estate taxation, avoid or minimize the need for probate proceedings, provide for a clear line of authority for management of the estate, and much more.
Failure to have an adequate estate plan can place your assets in the hands of people you don’t want to have. In addition, careful and effective planning can save money in taxes and probate costs. Therefore it is important for individuals to consider creating their plan now, while they have the capacity to do so.
To inquire about our Estate Planning practice, please CONTACT US.
If you have been injured in any type of accident, you may have the right to recover damages you have suffered. The Law Offices of Gino Paolo A. Pedraja provides high caliber legal services for all types of car accident and injury cases.
Insurance companies, even in some cases, your own insurance company, will try to take advantage of you by denying liability for the accident and refusing to pay you for your claim. Therefore it is crucial to hire an experienced and skilled personal injury law firm to protect you and help you obtain the financial compensation you deserve. The Law Offices of Gino Paolo A. Pedraja has been successful in obtaining favorable settlements and compensation for their clients, including compensation for their car damage, their pain and suffering, medical expenses, and out-of-pocket losses.
No Fees or Cost Unless We Settle or Win!
We are confident in our ability to win your case that we will not charge you any fees or costs for our services unless we settle or win your case. There are no upfront or hidden costs. In order words, if we do not settle or win your case, you do not have to pay us!
To inquire about our Personal Injury practice, please CONTACT US.
Family legal problems create a huge amount of anxiety for all those involved but unfortunately it is a fact of life for many California residents. The Law Offices of Gino Paolo A. Pedraja offers effective and strategic legal representation to clients who are facing a crisis in their family. Our attorneys will help you review and explore your options before making such a pivotal decision in your life. We work closely with you through every step of the divorce process, from the decision to file through negotiated settlements or trial to post-judgments requests for modification or enforcement of existing orders.
We handle all matters related to or arising out of a contested or uncontested divorce including:
- Child Custody: Our attorneys will work to ensure joint legal custody so that you have the opportunity to participate in decisions regarding medical treatment, education, religious training and other special needs.
- Visitation: Noncustodial parents are awarded visitation rights when child custody is determined. California courts generally try to foster a health relationship between parents and the minor children by granting reasonable visitation rights to the noncustodial parent. Our attorneys will help you establish and implement arrangements that are in the best interests of your minor children.
- Child Support: California law takes a number of factors into consideration when determining the amount of support a noncustodial parent must pay, such as the incomes of both parents, amount of time a child spends with each parent, and the number of children each parent is responsible for supporting. Our attorneys will review all proposed child support orders for compliance with California laws and to conform that all relevant income is included in the calculation.
- Alimony or Spousal Support: Our attorneys will help you determine whether alimony or spousal support is necessary and if so, how much should be paid and for how long.
- Marital Property Settlements: Our attorneys will help you equitably divide the debts and assets of your marriage, including real and personal property, investments and bank accounts, retirement funds, and business assets.
In addition, we also handle family law matters not related to divorce such as the preparation of prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
To inquire about our Family Law practice, please CONTACT US.
If you are a foreign national seeking citizenship or permanent residency in the United States, an experienced attorney is important to help you complete the process. Immigration laws are complicated. The Law Offices of Gino Paolo A. Pedraja will help through every step of the process. We understand how important it can be to speak with us when you are involved in an immigration process, so we strive hard to be as approachable and accessible and to return all your calls promptly.
We handle a broad range of immigration issues, including:
- Permanent Residence/Immigrant Visas (“Green Cards”): There are two ways to obtain lawful permanent residence in the United States: (1) Family Sponsored residence and (2) Employment-based residence. Our attorneys can let you know if you meet the requirements and give you an honest assessment of the outcome.
- Nonimmigrant Visas: Nonimmigrant visas allow you to live and work in the United States for specific period and for a particular specialized temporary purpose. Nonimmigrant visas include temporary visitors for business or pleasure (B-1/B-2); Professional workers (H-1B, E-3); Investors (E); Religious Workers (R-1); Intracompany Transferees (L-1); Artists (O,P); Students (F-1); Fiances (K-1); and Others.
- Citizenship/Naturalization: Citizenship/Naturalization is the legal process by which an immigrant becomes a U.S. Citizen. While one does not need an attorney to become a U.S. Citizen, an experienced attorney’s help can make sure the citizenship process is done correctly the first time and avoid delays or requests for evidence from USCIS as a result of missing documentation or an improperly filed application. If you would like to obtain U.S. Citizenship for yourself or your child, the Law Offices of Gino Paolo A. Pedraja can help you every step of the way.
- Who Can Become a U.S. Citizen? To be a U.S. Citizen, you must:
- Live in the United States for at least 5 years (or 3 years if you are married to a U.S. Citizen). You must be physically in the United States for at least half of that time;
- Live Continuously in the United States from the date of your application up to the time of citizenship;
- Be a person of good moral character; and
- Meet requirements for literacy and knowledge of U.S. government and U.S. history. (Applicants are tested in their ability to read, write and speak words in English. However, depending on your age and how long you have been a lawful permanent resident, you may be examined in your native language)
- In addition, we also represent people who face deportation or removal proceedings.
To inquire about our Immigration practice, please CONTACT US.